Artes, ciencias... vídeo de BMW: "Kinetic sculptures: when arts meet engeneering"

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por Gus, 22 Nov 2006.

1. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Ahhhhhhhh, flipo. En fin, desleales, otro hilo de intelectualidades bemeuveras; eso si, prometo comprarme un VW en cuanto la TV me embrutezca un poco más :D

Po zi: el anuncio "Kinetic Sculptures" usa las famosas obras de Theo Jansen...

...y aquí está, claro ;-)

VIDEO:

[YT]a7Ny5BYc-Fs[/YT]

o

http://mars.biz-community.com/c/article/10217_1.mpg

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Advertising news More Advertising news[​IMG]ADVERTISING NEWS

[​IMG]

Where art meets engineering
    [​IMG]
    Five months after being awarded the prestigious BMW advertising account, fledgling creative hotshop Ireland/Davenport launched its first TV commercial for the brand on 15 May 2006. Shot in the Netherlands using the moving sculptures of world-renowned artist Theo Jansen, the commercial, entitled "Kinetic Sculptures", forms part of a broader campaign which serves to highlight BMW's market leadership in the fields of technology and innovation.

Comments

Ireland/Davenport MD, Susan Ferguson, "The new TV commercial is intended to illustrate BMW's commitment to innovation and our interpretation thereof is based upon the area of innovation in relation to aesthetics - where art meets engineering."

Emphasising the strategic background behind the creative execution, newly appointed strategic director at Ireland/Davenport, Priniven Pillay, adds, "BMW is so passionate about innovation, from their design elements to their pioneering engineering concepts, and it was this passion that we wanted to capture through our TV commercial."

Creative duo

Conceptualised by the creative duo of Philip Ireland and John Davenport, "Kinetic Sculptures" features artist Theo Jansen's giant sculptures, being powered by the wind across Ijmuiden beach in the Netherlands, where Jansen regularly develops and tests his sculptures. The dramatic background of the rainy beach is accompanied by a voice-over - the voice of Theo himself - talking about his sculptures, questioning where engineering ends and art begins. The ad ends with the strap-line, "The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds."

Theo Jansen's sculptures are housed in museums and private collections throughout the world and his exhibits take place in the likes of London's Trafalgar Square and Shanghai. Commenting on their decision to use the artist and his work to illustrate their concept of the interaction between art and technology, Ireland feels they could not have found a better match for the BMW brand, "Theo is a kindred spirit. He has grounding as an engineer and uses that engineering background to make his beautiful sculptures, which not only look impressive but are fully functioning, moving works of art. In the same way BMW, through their combination of technology and aesthetics, strives to drive the progress of mobility."

Adds Davenport, "Theo uses movement as an art form, to redefine mobility and give life to art."

Maintaining integrity and authenticity

The decision to shoot the commercial in the Netherlands was taken based upon the creative team's desire to capture the sculptures in the environment in which Theo Jansen creates them. Says Ireland, "The setting of Ijmuiden beach provides a truly magnificent backdrop for these sculptures and we wanted to maintain the integrity and authenticity of these works of art by filming them in the environment in which they have been designed and perfected."

Whilst Ireland/Davenport originally briefed two Dutch production companies to assist in filming the ad, it was South African director Kim Geldenhuys from Egg Productions and lighting cameraman Paul Gilpin who were finally selected to execute their creative concept.

"Kim's treatment of the script resonated most strongly with the concept and he was the natural choice for us," says Davenport.

Local production team in foreign country

Despite having a local production team on board, filming in a foreign country was not without its challenges, however: the group employed foreign crews for the first time and their way of getting things done took some getting used to. In addition to this, there were plenty of logistical issues surrounding the transporting of the valuable sculptures and, of course, no-one in the South African team was fully prepared for the freezing cold, rainy weather that is characteristic of the Netherlands in April.

Client thrilled

Despite these difficulties, both the agency and client are thrilled with the final product. Comments General Manager of the BMW Brand, Kelly Leishman, "We love the approach the agency has taken with this new TV commercial as it captures perfectly the essence of BMW's commitment to defining technology and innovation, as well as our passion for aesthetics and creating the world's most beautiful vehicles."

Focusing on the milestone of creating the Ireland/Davenport's first TV commercial, Ferguson says, "Our first TV commercial for our new agency certainly is a special achievement and we are incredibly fortunate to have been able to create the first TV ad for a world-class brand like BMW. It's a fantastic start for us."

The BMW "Kinetic Sculptures" TV commercial is currently flighting on DStv, M-Net and SABC 2 and 3.

"

2. Chusko

Chusko Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    SprintGT1050
    ostia que bueno el video, no me lo hubiese esperado nunca, cada vez hacen anuncios mas..."raros"

3. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Curioso, Honda ha hecho algo parecido...pero sin citar a los autores (Peter Fischli y David We) en forma alguna (y copiando, claro :D )

"
    BMW recently launched a TV commercial featuring Dutch artists/scientist Theo Jansen.
    Jansen is reknown as the charismatic creator of the kinetic sculptures that behave as artificial animals and BMW teamed up with him to profile their leadership in the fields of technology and innovation.
    It's quite normal that advertising finds inspiration from the arts and vice-versa but its far from normal that artists are actually profiled in this way
    Last year, Honda created a popular commercial, which was a replica of the exceptional 30 minute cinematic artwork Der Lauf Der Dinge (The Way Things Go) from 1987. In contrast to Jansen in the BMW commercial, the artists (Peter Fischli and David Weiss) were not credited in any way.
    BMW commercial Honda commercial Der Lauf Der Dinge
    "

4. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Chá-val :cool: ...qué te pensabas :D

;-) Lo es, si

5. POLA

POLA Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Mola mucho el anuncio

6. Mala

Mala Guest

muy guapo! :eek::rolleyes:

7. warrior69

warrior69 Forista

Me Gusta:
    muy currado

8. PROBMW

PROBMW Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Muy guapin que dicen por Asturias,y en cuanto a copiar es que somos el modelo a seguir.
    Para modestos nosotros

9. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
  10. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Me cuesta pensar que no haya llegado antes el spot aquí...incluso ha sido premiado este verano pasado :eek: :

2006 Winners

http://www.theloerieawards.co.za/winners2006/?PHPSESSID=67da2375bedbd45cc26e33b6fc17420c

ADVERTISING: TV & CINEMA CRAFTS - CINEMATOGRAPHY [​IMG]CLIENT / TITLE MEDA/ TITLE MEDAL
    [​IMG]BMW / Kinetic Sculpture/ Gold [​IMG]

* Indicates International Winners.

ADVERTISING: TV & CINEMA COMMERCIALS AGENCY[​IMG]CLIENT / TITLE MEDAL
    [​IMG]Ireland/Davenport[​IMG] BMW / Kinetic Sculptures/ Silver

Más elogios, en todos los idiomas:

"
    A voir : BMW Kinetic Sculpture

Tout le monde en parle. A priori, ce n'est pas un gage de qualité mais quand vous aurez vu cette pub pour BMW, vous comprendrez mieux pourquoi. Celui qui est doit être content dans cette histoire, c'est Théo Jansen, l'artiste dont vous pourrez apprécier le travail dans la pub qui est en train de se faire une belle visibilité."

11. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Bueno, chavales, me tranquiliza que por este post no haya tanta movida como por el de Zygmunt Bauman :D

12. fmuniz

fmuniz

Me Gusta:
    fabrica(diseña)cosas muy (como lo llamo DIFERENTE

13. Kmi Kze

Kmi Kze Guest

Es fantástico de verdad.

14. Cris

Cris Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    ///M3 ///M330 ci
    arrea!! tienen imaginacion por un tubo o mejor por una caña.

15. Toni Montana

Toni Montana Guest

Está muy bien el anuncio... "y pocos tienen imaginación para ver más allá de ellos mismos"... =D=

16. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Oye, oye...no vayamos a j*der lo minoritario del post ahora :floor:

(kmi :ar: te la vas a cargar :D )

17. JotaBe

JotaBe Guest

leches, que cacharros se ha montado el individuo este, pedazo de cerebrin.
    El logotipo de BMW en el anuncio pues al más puro estilo Aquarius ;-)

Compartir esta página