Un Lambo por fin llega a la categoría "arte en movimiento"...

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por Gus, 15 May 2006.

1. Gus

Gus Tali-bahn Administrador Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    ...usualmente reservada a algunos (no todos ) Ferraris y pocos coches más ;-)

Al lorito con la historia de este Countach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...y el resultado final, colgado en la pared del salón del notas en cuestión :D

[​IMG]

Ahora dice que pintará unas huellas de frenada :D

Info del L.A. Times:

"
    Sports Car Esconced as Art in Mansion

By Roy Rivenburg, Times Staff Writer
    May 13, 2006

Some millionaires decorate their mansions with rare paintings. Richard Moriarty bolted a 1974 Lamborghini to the wall of his Newport Beach estate early Friday.

Because Home Depot doesn't sell kits to hang cars as artwork, Moriarty hired a 70-ton crane to lower the Italian sports car through a skylight in his living room.

Earlier, the car's engine was removed and transformed into a "200-mph coffee table" for guests who prefer their drinks "shaken not stirred," said Moriarty, an heir to the family that developed South Coast Plaza.

Getting the Lamborghini into the house took about an hour, but the project was conceived months ago, when architect Fleetwood Joiner began designing Moriarty's new home, $2-million worth of steel-and-concrete that will overlook Newport's Back Bay when construction finishes later this year.

"This was one of the original ideas for the house," Joiner said. "The skylight was designed to fit the car."

Joiner has installed offbeat elements in previous mansion projects — including indoor rifle ranges, bowling alleys and a 28-foot-high interior waterfall — but the Lamborghini is "one of a kind," he said.

The car will hang over a solid glass staircase leading to Moriarty's wine cellar. The car will also plug into the home's electrical system so its inside lights can be switched on.

Has gasoline gotten so expensive that it's cheaper to turn a Lamborghini into a wall sconce than to drive it?

Not quite. Moriarty, 58, is known for his irreverent tastes. In the 1980s, he organized exotic costume parties, such as his "Pimps, Hookers, Drug Dealers and Lawyers Ball," that drew about 3,000 revelers.

As a teen, he toiled in the lima bean fields that his uncle, Henry Segerstrom, transformed into South Coast Plaza.

More recently, he planted a small vineyard on his 3.5-acre estate and began bottling prize-winning wines under such labels as "Wretched Excess" and "The Idle Rich."

The fermented grapes are aged in a 75-foot-long cave locked with a former KGB prison key.

Outside the cave, catfish and koi swim in a lagoon fed by a 200-foot stream built by Moriarty, who owns an orchid nursery and landscaping business.

A pirate flag flaps nearby and chickens strut around a coop. The automotive addition to Moriarty's cache of curiosities seemed only logical.

"I have a Lamborghini and I've got a big wall," he said.

Moriarty bought the car 10 years ago, paying a collector $60,000. But the upkeep was a nightmare. The gas tank had rust damage, and the engine kept stalling.

"I got tired of having it towed," he said.

On Friday, the sleek black Countach — license plate "FAASST" — was officially retired.

As Moriarty's fiancee, auto mechanic, architect and several friends snapped photos with cellphones and cameras, the car was hoisted 60 feet in the air by the crane.

Then a five-man crew maneuvered the 1,000-pound, engineless vehicle through the skylight and hung it from a steel-reinforced wall with loops of half-inch-thick steel cable.

"It's a beautiful piece of art," Joiner said.

But Moriarty, in flip-flops, shorts and a T-shirt, wasn't quite satisfied.

"I want to stencil some tire marks on the wall," he said. "Seriously."

:goodman

2. aranda

aranda Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    como tú dices y decía "el kalifa" gran torero según mi abuelo , hay gente pa tó.
    Un saludo ¡

3. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Hombre ya que quita el V12 para ponerlo en la pared, se podia haber hecho la gracia completa y haberlo expuesto en un poyete cerca :D

...y diez o doce vitrinas para tanto carburador :D

4. [IñakI]

[IñakI] Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Qué rocambolesco!

Que me lo dé que yo se lo cuido :).

5. aranda

aranda Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    yo lo hubiera dejado con la pluma sobre la alfombra de piel de búfalo cuernudo castrado. Muy CHIC , sí.
    :descojon::descojon::descojon::descojon::descojon::descojon::descojon:

6. Headroom

Headroom Forista

Me Gusta:
    .....el Fiat Multipla tambien estuvo expuesto en el Moma de NY hace unos añitos.

7. birdhouse

birdhouse Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    ///M
    Como me gusta ese coche :xray: :xray: La mala leche sobre ruedas :D:rambo:

8. odins

odins Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Que manera de desperdiciarlo... con lo bonito q es.

9. Gus

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    i3/Z3/MiniE/X1
    Eso pienso yo y eso que el coche lo tenemos clarísimamente sobrevalorado, pienso y más después de haber "conducido" uno (eso es imposible :D ) Pero ya casi es un icono estético aunque colgado asi a modo de trofeo de caza o replica de crack-dillac de burguer da cierta penilla.

Lo del Multiplá...normal :cool:

10. BR

BR Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    997 2S, R32
    ..otro mas..cosa de Lamborghini en el año 2001 ..aunque no quedaría nada mal en la pared de la cantina demi pueblo..

[​IMG]

11. yojuanjo

yojuanjo En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Jajaja, pues la noche que ceda el pladur menudo susto se va a llevar!!!!:descojon:

12. Cris

Cris Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    ///M3 ///M330 ci
    se puede pujar por ese cuadro.:)

13. BR

BR Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    997 2S, R32
    :descojon:

eso le pasó a un pájaro que tenía una Norton en el cabecero de la cama y se le vino alos morros cuando estaba durmiendo ... no es coña lo vi hace tiempo en una revis que traía chorradas..
    Supongo que la moto estaría apagada..:descojon:

14. davidW

davidW Mozo Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Estocástico
    Se canso de verlo en la grua y lo plantidfico en la pared de su casa...ole con ole :D

15. yojuanjo

yojuanjo En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    ¿En serio??? Me parto :descojon:

16. POLA

POLA Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Madre de dios como se aburre la gente.

Compartir esta página