ya empiezan a rodar los V 8 de la F 1 2.006

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por Strap, 23 Sep 2005.

1. Strap

Strap

Me Gusta:
    sip, en concreto Pedro de la Rosa ha empezado con pruebas con Mc Laren, los nuevos V 8 2,4 litros dien que desarrollaran sobre 200 cv menos que los V 10.

[​IMG]

The Mercedes-Benz V8 engine's debut came almost exactly three months after the first dyno run. Since that day the engine has completed a couple of thousand test kilometres on the dyno. The new V8 engine generation will have about 200 HP less than the currently used V10 engines.
    The new V8 Formula One engine FO 108S has been designed and built from scratch. The new engine rules place tighter restrictions on the manufacturers than before. Mandatory are: the V-angle of the cylinders (90 degrees) and the use of a maximum of two inlet and exhaust valves each (until now the rules have stated only the number of cylinders and a limit of five valves); an engine minimum weight of 95 kilograms; a maximum cylinder bore of 98 millimetres; the position of the engine's centre of gravity. Alloys for the manufacturing of engine components are also defined exactly. The biggest challenge for the engineers was and still is the vibrations which are completely different from the V10.
    Work on the new engine began in the autumn of 2004 when a team of engineers drew up the first concepts. The designing process lasted from Christmas to spring, a period during which the engineers also built one-cylinder models to test pistons, connecting rods and valve drives.
    The V8 engine will also significantly influence the design of the Team McLaren Mercedes MP4-21 for the 2006 season. The V8 is smaller than the V10 and the new engine also needs less air than before. Therefore there will be accordingly significant modifications to the aerodynamics for next year's car.
    Pedro de la Rosa: "The last two days of testing have gone well and we are on schedule with the development programme. There is obviously a big difference in power between the Mercedes-Benz V10 and the V8, and therefore I had to adjust my driving style. In between runs over the last couple of days, the engineers have been analysing the data and making changes to the car. It is positive that we were testing with the new engine without problems and long delays. During this test we have also been looking at the difference in vibration between the Mercedes-Benz V10 and V8 engines; however we didn't find anything we had not expected."
    Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: "We had an uneventful track debut with our new V8 engine. With Pedro de la Rosa at the wheel we gained first basic experiences with the new engine on a race circuit and we completed our programme as planned. The data we collected during over 400 test kilometres will be analysed at Mercedes-Benz in Brixworth and will help us to develop the engine further as planned. The première was OK and everything goes exactly according to the plan we have set for ourselves."

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    comorrr, v8 ya los habia antes, pero que es eso de 2.4 litros?
    van a limitar mas aun la F1???? no pues sé!

3. Strap

Strap

Me Gusta:
    límite de cilindrada y de cilindros, aunque estan pensando en dejar los V 10 para los equipos "menos potentes" son solo rumores ;-)

4. juaner

juaner Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Creo que el primer día de pruebas se le peto el motor.

5. MadRalphW

MadRalphW Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Pues no es mala idea lo de los v10 para los equipos menos favorecidos económicamente, sino al año que viene no tendran motor.
    Saludos ;-)

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    usea, que sin rumores, limitan la F1, otra vez :???:
    que sigan asi, que van de p*ta madre, dentro de poco pilotar un F1 va a tener menos riesgo que ir de compras al carreful :???:

que pena... :cry: en fins, aun nos quedara el WRChampioship:)P) :)P) :)P) y las subidas regionales!:supz:

7. twenty

twenty Guest

Limitan otra vez la F1, seguro que esta Pere detras de todo esto.

Compartir esta página